If you haven't heard, the beard is gone.
*Insert reverent moment of silence*
That means I have to get used to shaving for a while. I miss the beard, but I have to make sure that I'm taking care of my face until a suitable time for the man mask to grow back. Now, I've been out of the shaving game for a while now, so with my return to a regular shaving schedule, I was confronted with a litany of different products and shaving options. Since a lot of dads shave, I figured I'd try a bunch of different products and talk about what I liked the most.
The first thing that was waiting for me back in the land of baby smoothness: Razors. Geez, these things are expensive. I wasn't ready to drop 20 bucks on a handle and two blades, especially if this shaving thing was going to be a regular occurrence. So, I decided to opt for one of the more inexpensive options, a shaving subscription box. After a quick comparison, I decided to go with Harry's. I chose Harry's for a couple of reasons.
- The Trial set is free. There is $3 shipping, but still. Dollar Shave Club trial set is $5.
- Harry's subscription plan is cheaper month to month. I get 8 blades every two months. In contrast, DSC would run me about $18/month.
- I like the style and design aesthetic of Harry's over DSC. I know that this one is a bit personal, but it's important.
- They donate a percentage of their sales and their employees time to charity. It's great to support change with something as simple as a shave.
It took about a week for the box to arrive. The items were smartly packaged.
The save was pretty smooth. I'm happy with this product, and I'm looking forward to shaving for a while. I might try a few more products and let you guys know how it goes.
Before I sign off, a couple things to cover:
- I'm still raising diapers for the Houston Diaper Bank. Any diaper donations can be sent to: Bradford Traywick 9818 Fry Rd. Ste #150-19 Cypress, TX 77433
- There were some complications with the first venue for the big diaper event, so it has been moved and postponed to January 13th, 2018. I'll be releasing more details right after Christmas.
- I want to thank everyone for the outpouring of initial support. I only hope it continues and spreads.
Have a very Merry Christmas!